Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day ????: Weakness

Well, I tell you what, I think I've found my weakness.

I'm posting from Queenstown, New Zealand. Bloody beautiful place if there ever was one.

Also home to what must be the greatest cravings for a drink I've had in 5 months.

And the trigger: Emersons. It must be the most beautiful range of beer in New Zealand, and probably shits on almost every Aussie beer as well. I had to walk past a little bar here in beautiful Queenstown and I tell you what, the pangs were strong. I had a fantastic time drinking at that bar, and in Queenstown itself, 12 months ago.

And then I went into a supermarket, where they sell beer, and the Emersons was just lined up and I could imagine drinking every beautiful one of them: Pilsner, London Porter, IPA, Strong Ale. I know every one of them would really be something special. And what a beautiful location to drink them.

The pang was almost overwhelming.

Anyway, I removed myself from the aisle and got out of the shop. No Emersons for me.

But I really really really did feel like buying some beautiful Emersons beer, in beautiful New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment