Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 112: Week 16

Week 16 I think. 10 weeks away from 6 months.

Who would have thought.

Been feeling good recently, although my walking has slowed down. I've been feeling better in clothes, and having the sense that I am looking better.

I dragged myself around the hill today, and want to do it daily, as I've said.

Just bought a heap of veges and going to make a big soup to munch on during the week.

Would really like to not buy takeaway during the week: it's my danger.

So goal this week: walk daily, not eat take away, and weigh myself monday week.

I almost forgot - had a 'pissy' lunch (not me) on Friday, with someone who drank the whole time over 6 hours. I got to see the whole cycle - thinking they are sophisticated, that i'm missing out, to slurring, to being a drunken disgrace, to getting a bit superior, lecturing and annoying.

Man, have I spent almost 20 years like that? Let me tell you - you're not cool; you're not witty; you're not improving in looks - you're a drunken disgrace. Not that I'm to judge, but don't lecture me about anything while you're dribbling down your top and pissing your day away.

My companion this time kept at me for not drinking. Real mature!!!!!! In the same breath she tells me that losing weight is a health issue "at your age". She's only 2 or 3 years younger than me! And doesn't have an off switch when she drinks. You know the type. I have few beers and stop. She will keep pissing away till 3 in the morning, a complete and utter mess, who doesn't even have a clue what she's been up to the night before.

Really, she is the one who should be off the turps. She can't handle it.

Anyway, thought I would mention that. Normally it doesn't get me fired up, but this was a bit much.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Don't let this "friend" disrupt your serenity in the land of sober.

    I did Dry July (and a slightly messy August) but am onwards and upwards now am currently laying off the hooch until my birthday later this month.

    Keep up the good work, you're encouraging myself and many others I dare say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Narny, thanks. Sometimes I don't know people read this. I'm really doing it for myself. Enjoyed peeking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gorgeous, yes I'm reading yours and Claire's (My Year Off The Piss), I'm aiming to walk the line of moderation. It's harder then Dry July was (at least with zero hooch I knew what to do), but it felt great to have two standard glasses of delish red last night and come to work fresh and feeling happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah well whatever works I say. I'm not down on grog, as some people think. I very much enjoy it. I'm just trying to slim down and look like the fit guy walking past rather than the slob pretending he is sophisticated. Taking grog out of the equasion makes it easier, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete