Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 85: Twelve weeks

It's a bit of a worry when you haven't seen a post for three days isn't it. I've long had a theory you can keep anything up for 12 weeks. And 12 weeks it is....

But I'm not back on the piss. What I haven't recovered from yet in terms of routine, is the exercise.

So, in terms of getting back on the horse, which is what is so important when you fall off it, my goal this week is to exercise 5 days out of 7.

Doesn't have to be Cootha. Just has to be something.

As for it being 12 weeks, well, that's great. Only 1 week away from my 'no booze' record set in 2000/2001. I had dinner at a flash pub on Friday night, and I must say I was pleased enough not to drink. It certainly bothers you less over time, and in fact you start thinking back to how you've been pissed for so much of your social life and how other people must have seen you during that time.

If you don't drink you keep a clear head. Plus you can drive around and stuff. And save heaps of cash. I've found I've been able to put a lot more through my savings account rather than on my credit card because there seems to be more in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment