Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 161: 23 weeks

Wow 23 weeks. 3 weeks till half way.

Fuck me time passes. That's the one thing we can all be sure of. Blink, and fucking time passes.

Months of it.

Years of it.

Which is great if you are trying to make a change. Not so great if you are watching your life slip away.

I didn't end up walking yesterday. I did today though, so three cheers for me. And no piss for 161 days, thanks very much. I could hardly be bothered counting to 161 days, let alone not drinking for that period.

I have thought of grog a couple of times this weekend to be honest. I bought some wine for cooking yesterday, and I thought about it in the bottle shop. And today on my walk I thought about it.

Tell you what, I could get back on it quicker than you could say pissed as a fart. The first 5 schooners would not hit the sides, and within 3 weeks you wouldn't know I was ever off it.

Anyway, main thing is I went for my walk today, and haven't been eating shit this weekend. So let's try keeping that up in this, my 24th week off the grog.

No comments:

Post a Comment