Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 175: 25 weeks

I've been working hard the last couple of weeks. Really exercising my arse off after my slack period. Today, if all goes well, I'll do the 4 hour Cootha walk. I really hope I'll do it anyway.

The weight loss bit is strange in terms of when it happens and when it doesn't. I really think the body loves holding out, and can ignore effort for some time. But when it breaks, and you start losing, then it just falls off you and you think that you are super weight loss man for some reason which can lead to you stopping doing the things that caused you to become super weight loss man in the first place.

At the moment I think my body is in the 'hold' pattern. I was on a roll, took a break in part due to illness, and then have been gearing back up for 2 weeks, and should really be seeing some results. But I've had a sneak peak and am not so sure I've moved anywhere really these last 2 weeks. The 15 for 1 weeks time is looking a little iffy unless I really really bust it out this week.

The trick is, of course, to ignore this and continue to smash it out. Your body cannot ignore a serious effort forever, and eventually you start to make progress.

UPDATE: I was looking back at my posts, and in fact I weighed just a little less than I do now at the 10 weeks. So that's 15 weeks of hard work with very little progress. I know you need to look at the long haul and all but that's hard going. I think I'll have to work even harder this week, and really watch my diet, just to prove I'm still moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment