Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 354: Off rails a bit

Well, not piss, but exercise and food has been a bit out of whack. Had a holiday in Potsville, New South Wales, over easter, so that's why I haven't been blogging.

Anyway, I have JUST OVER 1 WEEK TO GO!!!!!!! in my year off the piss.

Who would have thought it was possible. The beer guy. The "good bloke". The first to shout a round.

For 20 fucking years.

Taking a year off the piss.

Well, it's possible all right. I've got 1 week to go to prove it! I won't finish on the exercise and weight loss high I had two weeks ago. Forget 25kg, I think I'll be lucky to have 20 now (haven't been on the scales.......).

Will ramp up the exercise between now and then, to finish as best I can.

But it won't be about my weight on that date. It's about my lifestyle change. And my long term health prospects as a result.


3 comments:

  1. Wondered where you got to.

    All the same mate 20kg is 20kg. Try walkin round with 4 bags x 5kg spuds for a day and tell me how you feel.

    I'm pleased to say I passed Easter with flying colors. Despite the copious amounts being had around me. Everyone is finally getting used to my decision. Thank fuck!

    Purely to meet some other non drinkers I checked out a local AA meeting last night. There were some nice people there but too many sad stories for my liking. I promised this young guy Adam I'd go next week. Not sure if I want to but a promise is a promise.

    It was funny you know. Everyone was amazed that I did it by myself. For me it's simple. Don't touch a drop and I'll be fine. I know that if I have but one I'll be back to my old ways. That I don't want.

    Well my friend time sure does fly doesn't it.

    I look forward to celebrating your amazing milestone in a week or so.

    Cheers mate.

    Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, unless you 'have a problem' then really it's no big deal. Do other stuff instead of getting pissed. Get fit and shag your arse off, is a good start. Go for nature walks. Canoe. All the fun stuff really. The fat obnoxious pricks can get pissed and piss everyone off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible achievement Grogger - you are your own man and have made decisions that are right for you - that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete