Friday, December 3, 2010

DAY 208: Part II Winery

Well, I'm a sucker for temptation that's for sure. Just did a winery tour, complete with a tasting, in the fucking cellar. That's right, in the cellar, in the mountain, in the most awarded winery in New Zealand.

The smell hits you as soon as you walk in. Then wine by wine, they put a glass in my hand, the smell of which I inhaled like a starving man, and which reminded me, to my very core, of all the good wonderful things to be done with alcohol.

Did I tell you I really like alcohol? I really really like it. I appreciate it. I evangalise it. I seek it out, think about it, write about it, encourage others to bask in its wonder.

But not this time. I had to hand the glass to my girlfriend, who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat, and had 8 glasses in the cellar instead of 4.

She was on top of the world by the end of it. I was almost out of my mind.

My advice is not to do things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment