Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 233: DIet

Ok, went for another walk this morning - almost 2 hours around the hill. Determined to knock off the kilos this year. I have two weeks off now, so the plan is to discover some tasty dishes to help me do it.

Things I want to eat more of are veges and fish. So I certainly want to look into salmon dishes and vege curries.

Funny the weight fell off for the first 13kg or so, now it isn't going anywhere.

My girlfriend's father gave me a 6 pack for Christmas. Thanks pop!

Interesting on my walk this morning, when I was planning the year out, and the things I want to do/weight I want to lose/fitness I want to gain, grog just didn't really fit in. If I really want to ramp up the fitness over the next 12 months, and look like a lean mean fitness machine at the end of it, then why would I get back on the turps.

Nobody, I mean nobody, would recommend going ON the turps to increase fitness/weight loss/to look better.

So that's really something to think about as the YEAR OFF THE GROG rolls on.

6 comments:

  1. You are doing great! An inspiration to many I am sure.

    And off topic, but I assumed you were single, ahh the assumptions we make, although my assuming Claire was a stone cold fox was right! Haha!

    Narny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not single. Doesn't mean I don't dream about the hot girls at the party though........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah and I dream of Colin Firth. It all makes the world turn.

    Does your girlfriend read this blog though? Maybe throw in a random "man my gf is hot". Just a thought.

    Narny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope not. It isn't a PR exercise. What would be the point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saying, you posted about the hot drunk girls and the average blokes with ugly girlfriends. I thought my hubby wasn't reading either but apparently he does.

    Sure it's an open space to free your thoughts, I'm just a bit if you wouldn't say it to their faces kind of gal.

    Narny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, what makes you think I'm an average bloke! :-) (joke) Anyway the posts have nothing to do with my gf- it's my own private battle with my demons and self improvement. In any event my gf isn't ugly by a long shot - she is pretty. I don't think I've said anything here I wouldn't say to her face, even though I prefer it to be private, like a diary, which bizarrely you can do on the net if it is anonymous.

    ReplyDelete