Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 231: Down on drinkers

I guess it was bound to happen. But here it is anyway, breathtaking in its hypocrisy: drinkers shit me. I'm talking about drinkers who get drunk: drunk people shit me. They aren't cool. They aren't suave. They aren't even very fucking social, being so distracted with their drinking at all.

They just shit me.

One thing they aren't is witty. They think they are. They also aren't charming. They aren't attractive. They are boring. They are slow. They are annoying. They are irritating.

They shit me to tears.

What this means of course, which is a very horrible conclusion for me, is that I've been a drunken, disgraceful bore of the worst kind for close to 20 years. Drinking with a consequence of getting drunk, even if that wasn't the goal, and harassing people to get drunk with me, with raucous drunken laughter (reinforcing my wit, in my mind), no doubt spitting in peoples faces as I spoke (drunks do this), cracking beer after beer, wine after wine, saying how great my mates were (we had a special relationship you see) when I was younger, and pretending great sophistication and discernment as my age (and relative) wealth increased. Getting pissed either way. And encouraging others to do the same.

Every single fucking week. For at least 15 years.

Every. Single. Fucking. Week.

How many hours have I spent this way I wonder. How many women may I have bedded but instead repulsed? How many days did I spend in a hung over stupor instead of enjoying my fleeting twenties (now gone) or the first half of my thirties (on its way)?

How much cash did I spend? I could have had a flash pad in my 20s (see bedding beautiful women point, above). I could have bought a home earlier.

And don't get me wrong, like you, dear reader: I was not an alco. Not by Australian standards anyway. If I was an alco then let me tell you 85% of adults in this country were. Or perhaps 60%, as I did show some enthusiasm that more moderate drinkers do not.

But I guess, to my horror, that I used to shit people as well. People other than fellow piss heads. You might consider everyone to be a piss head. Yes, well that may be true. But not everyone drinks as much as you. You are shitting them. Including that cute sober girl in the corner, Claire.

It makes me a bit sick, to be honest, thinking about time and opportunities wasted. Why spend your life drunk, illogical and offensive; all the time damaging your health, getting fatter and sicker. Such a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment