Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 234: Third time the charm

Well, did the 2 hour walk again today, for the third day in the row. That's the sort of thing I need to keep up to do my big weight loss surge (as the Yanks would say).

Cooked the salmon last night. In a curry. And some dal. It was crap, unfortunately.

I think I just don't like salmon.

My super mother has been nagging me to go swimming with her. As in, in a pool. I used to be a good swimmer, in my glory days. Trained with Kerin Perkins when he was a lad, and went on to swim at high school and all the rest.

So it is something I could try and get back into.

In fact, I've been thinking that my real goal through all this health business is not so much to feel better, lose the weight and so on, but to do a triathlon. As I said, I can swim, if I got leaner and meaner I could ride a bike pretty well, and similarly if I got leaner I could run ok.

So that's my longer term goal.

But the next stage, for me, is to grind off some more weight. First I want to get back to the 15kg (how did I lose that exactly?), then 20, then 25. So basically I want to lose another 10kg (from the 15, which I'm close to).

Want to be smarter with my diet to do that this time, which is why I'm investigating things like salmon curry and the rest.

Got people coming for lunch today. Cooking some pasta and lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment