Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 238: Week 34; 13 kg


Well, I'm resetting the weight loss at 13kg. Short term goal then is to get back to 15kg and pretend I never dropped to 13kg.

I was funny in the head yesterday, and felt tired, hungover and irrational. I ended up eating some crap! (hot chips and icecream) which is typical hangover behaviour. I also didn't do my walk.

In my case though I had just had a massive day on new years eve (for me, 5am-1.30am), and got up early. I guess the lesson there is that alcohol is not responsible for all hangover ills, sleep deprivation is. It seems my brain requires a decent sleep in order to behave rationally - anyone else with me on that one? Noticed any bad or erratic behaviour either after drinking or not getting enough sleep?

No excuse today. In bed by 8 and up at 5. That's more like it. Feel much better.

I'm going to try my hand at painting the house in the next day or so, starting with the bedroom. Not my style at all (if I have a style), this handyman work, but the tradies are fucking extortionate these days. Ever since Labor decided that every fucking idiot had to be able to go to uni, every fucking idiot did, instead of becoming a tradie, and the real fucking idiots who did become tradies can now charge whatever they want to do shitty jobs like painting.

Meanwhile all the deadshit arts philosophy grads are all sitting around on the dole, too good to paint my house, thinking deep thoughts about being unemployed.

Good one Labor!

In my case it could cost me about 10k to paint my small little place, whereas the paint only costs 600 bucks or thereabouts.

First up, I need to demould my room. The roof was smashed in a storm a while back and water was getting in. Now there is mould everywhere. Isn't that what killed that Murphy girl?

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the tradesman issue - same in the UK, people doing degrees in Lady Gaga studies or whatever, while plumbers and plasteres charge what they like. Took a week off work recently to work on my house, saved a packet and got a great sense of satisfaction - a few mistakes and false starts but what the hell, the job got done.

    Sleep and hangovers is an interesting one; I agree its not all down to the pisswater and that other factors come into play. For me too much coffee or sugar (particularly chocolate) can bring on hangover symptoms - combined with beer and its fatal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's funny but I never considered myself handy at all (and neither would anyone else - I'm not) but I actually enjoyed painting yesterday. I'm not looking forward to it today so much but I will get a great deal of satisfaction out of finishing the bastard this week. And it will save a shitload of dough. All part of growing up/getting older I suspect. Not drinking gives you more time to do this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete