Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 267: 13.1 kg down

Well I got on the scales. Was pretty disappointed as I've busted my arse this week. But the aim was to set a line in the sand to allow me to adjust if I don't go down quickly enough. As it is, I've basically been the same weight since September, which is quite a while.

I'm sure if I replicate last week in the next week or so I'll be able to get back to 15kg, which is my current goal.

UPDATE: I walked into work (1.5 hours +) and then walked after work (1.25 hours). My thinking is if I get in two walks a day, approaching 3 hours, 6 or 7 days a week, then I'm on the right track. I did have a flash lunch though, and when I got back from the office there was a full carton of piss sent to me by someone for free. These things are sent to try us, although, to be honest, I didn't really feel like a drink at lunch and didn't even think about it when I spotted the carton.

2 comments:

  1. Hey mate. At least you know where you are at. Have you considered adding HIIT into your routine. HIIT stands for high intensity interval training and only takes 15 or 20 minutes 3 times a week. It has been shown to burn up to nine times more fat than steady pace cardio. Don't get me wrong, it is tough the first time you try it but I have no doubt it works. There are many versions of HIIT. Two good ones are the one in Body For Life by Bill Phillips and Peak8 on Dr Mercolas website. Here's the link should you be interested. http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2010/12/24/a-fountain-of-youth-in-your-muscles.aspx I know personally that I struggle to lose fat with normal cardio but it absolutely falls off with HIIT. Too many carbs without protein may also slow your results.

    I look forward to congratulating you on 1 year.

    Cheers Mate.

    Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate. I might look into it if I don't make progress in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete