Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 263: Compliment

I got a compliment today, while walking the hill. It is worth recording, as I do not get many. The complimentor was a fellow who walks with his mates, and his dogs, up the same path my mother and I walk. We have said hello to him for many months, but have not seem him for some weeks. They would be in their 50s, most likely.

At the top of the hill, the fellow he was with asked my mother about New Zealand. The first guy then said to me (his first words spoken to me ever): "You look fantastic - a shadow of your former self. How much have you lost?".

As someone wanting to lose weight, you can't ask for more than that.

As I don't feel I've lost any weight for 6 months or thereabouts, perhaps my body shape has otherwise been changing with the healthy living/exercise. My mother tells me she can see I cut a better profile from behind, not so much the belly but my back/legs and so on.

Anyway, whatever the reason, it's nice to get a compliment. And motivating.

Back to this week: corker Mon/Tue exercise wise, nothing wed (but poor food), and a good walk this morning around the hill (1.5) and I hope to walk home after work, which would bring it to 3+ for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Great work on the exercise and the compliment.

    Gotta love that!!!

    I lost the plot somewhat over Christmas and New Year and going to join you for a while in the land of sobriety.

    Cheers Mate.

    Brett.

    P.S. Great article about the floods on the other site. I can only but imagine the heartache and devastation going on around you.

    ReplyDelete