Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 304: Diet

I'm going to try and move more towards an Asian diet rather than a Mediterranean one. Logically Mediterranean makes sense. They eat a lot of veges and live longer and have fewer health problems. But I've just noticed that when i shifted from Asian to Mediterranean I actually put on a lot of weight, which now is coming off very slowly. When I ate Asian I was thinner, and when I worked as hard as I'm working now, it just fell off.

So what does this mean? More stir frys and soups basically. Sounds boring but Asian cooking is anything but. It means flavour from chili and spice and herbs rather than fat and salt. It means a lot of rice, flavoured with various spells and slight of hand, rather than bulk food. It means more noodles.

And please, no low carb comments. Asians aren't fat. What do you think they eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment