Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 326: 18.8kg!!

Well I snuck on today and I was down some. Only 1.2kg till I hit the big 20kg loss for the year, which is my goal really. To do that well and truly.

I know that my weight fluctuates with water and the rest. As I've said, I don't care, as it certainly didn't fluctuate 18.8kg down when I started.

The curry was great. I've had it two nights in a row. Tastes as good as anything you would like to eat during the week, quick, easy, portion controlled, and dare I say, healthy.

Just over a kilo of lamb has given me 7 meals so far, with at least one more in the fridge. And in a curry a little olive oil produces a whole batch, which is lower in fat than even a stir fry.

I'm thinking about going a little crazy and replacing a good portion of these meals with a curry. Sounds stupid, but people do it on weight-watchers and light and easy meal replacements all the time.

I think a big thing is portion control. You eat too much you fat bastard! This means you only eat what you defrost.

This is another big change in thinking for me. I used to get angry if someone suggested not drinking. That was pretty well impossible, ignorant, and un-Australian. Similarly, if someone suggested I eat frozen food every night.... well, I didn't think much of them either.

But if eating frozen food every night gets me results then the new me says bring it on.

I have my goals. I have to keep making changes to my lifestyle to reach them.

Piss. Food. Exercise.

That's it really.

2 comments:

  1. That's it for me too.
    My Mrs makes amazing Thai food - and pretty healthy/low fat/nutritioonally sound too.
    But it tastes SO good and she makes enough to be 'full' every night.
    I oblige and eat until........fat again.
    My electric bike got stolen last week.
    Buy a new one? Nope. thanks the (fucking asshole) who stole it and walk 3km back from work each day. That's my 5 days a week, 1 hour a day exercise (along the beach)
    Weather has been blustery and nasty for 5 months. Better - slowly.
    Control portion size (I KNOW that, but thanks for reminding me), swap drinks for water and .....booze less.
    Had it sorted - Danang is VERY social.
    Love your blog, comments and focus.
    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete