Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 312: Epifany

It has occurred to me that this weight loss caper is all about the food.

(Often the simple messages take a while to get into your brain).

I need to really really simplify my food, at least during the week, especially at night.

I'm talking a plate of veges with some chicken breast or can of tuna on the side type simple.

Dare I say it, fat camp style simple.

I am 100% sure that if I do this, the weight will fall out.

I think my obsession with cooking has really bitten me on the arse this year. Not that I want to give up cooking, but if my priority is shifting some pounds that really shouldn't be there, then I need to make some sacrifices when it comes to dinners.

It is pointless working my arse off on the road, and giving up the piss, if I'm going to make it excruciatingly slow and difficult by eating loads of calories in my meals.

I want to smash it out now. I think everything is in place, and I still have a lot to shift.

1 comment:

  1. You got it!

    Diet is 80% of weight loss. Keeping it simple is the name of the game. I make up salads on Sunday arvo for the week. I make up a batch of chicken curry every 3 or so weeks and weigh up in freezer bags. I simply put my frozen chicken in the salad the night before and I'm good to go!

    ReplyDelete