Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 13: Dodgy food

It's good to wake up rested and not hungover again on Saturday morning. It is dark now, but I'm going to walk a longer Cootha later - the route that takes almost four hours. That will help me after eating some stress related crap during the week and especially yesterday.

I didn't end up walking yesterday which is another reason to go.

Met someone for a 'drink' at a fancy bar yesterday at 4 overlooking the river. She had a couple of nice wines, I had a bottle of still water, for which I was charged $6.50. The hide of them! Mind you her wines were 15 bucks each.

Anyway although the alcohol looked very enticing I stuck to my overpriced water. It was strange going back to the office sober at 5.

In fact I've noticed a strange thing. When I'm in a situation in which I should be drunk, I can act a little as though I am. Not in a motor skills sense, or not having a clear head, but I think acting in a more relaxed, jocular or informal way. I guess that's a good thing because I can unwind and be part of it without being pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment