Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 20: Another incident free friday

It is old news to me, but I was met with more disbelief last night at drinks when I told some co-workers my plans. As I've said before, some people react by suggesting that 1 year is extreme, or can't be done, and have I thought about a month, or three months.

I asked them to please not try and talk me out of it and that was pretty well that.

I've got another function tonight. A function so horrific you can see why people turn to drink to get through it. I think I'll just have to arrive late and leave early. At least I won't get pissed and tell people what I really think.

Or will I? Not the pissed part, I can say that with confidence, but I've noticed as I think I've observed previously that when I'm tired especially I can sort of feel partially pissed with pissed people and act accordingly. What this means of course is that part of what I considered pissed behaviour was just caused by fatigue, or is otherwise conditioned behavior.

So if you're the sort of bloke who spills his guts pissed then you may well spill your guts sober but tired and with people who are pissed.

The only difference is you don't end up drunkenly eating the whole pizza when you get home and being hungover and eating more shit the next day.

I plan to walk today just to take advantage of my hangover free state.

No comments:

Post a Comment