Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 14: Two weeks

Well two weeks off the sauce. Seems like a lifetime ago I was pissed around a bonfire with the odd coal floating into my hair, and so hungover the next day I didn't bother to walk in a glorious bushland. Instead I ate a buckload of fried crap and barely said a word.

None of that today.

Withdrawal symptoms have gone. They lasted about a week. To recap the upsides after 2 weeks:

1. Feel much better.
2. Sleeping much better (may be responsible in part for 1).
3. Exercising more.
4. Exercising stronger.
5. Eating better (although more work has to be done).
6. Not having the calories of the grog. How many standard drinks have I not had in 2 weeks - 30? 40? More?
7. I can feel that I'm getting smaller due no doubt to 3, 4, 5, 6 and perhaps 2.
8. I'm more productive and more likely to do fun stuff with my time.

Downsides? Well I guess a few times I've wished that I have had a drink. There is joy in that, and in being a bit pissed.

But, on any measure, the upsides far outweigh the downsides. I have no regrets. It was absolutely the right thing to do. Long overdue - why didn't I do this 2 years ago?

I'm also positive about the next 10 weeks for starters. I'm keen to start knocking off some weight now. Getting into a killer routine. Starting to look healthier, and feeling even better. I'm not obsessing with the figures. They will sort themselves out if I get the rest of it right. My shirts already feel looser.

So goals for this week:

1. No crap food.
2. Exercise every day.

I think that's all I need to do really. No piss is just assumed. That battle is behind me. For now at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment