Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 21: Three weeks

Three weeks off the turps.

Had another work dinner last night. 5 courses with wines matched to each course.

Not for me.

Got up at 5 and walked around Mt Cootha for 3 hours 45 minutes with a mate.

Can't go wrong after you've done that. It was beautiful up there.

Sure beats a hangover.

Now I'm well and truly into not drinking piss, and I have a good level of fitness, I'm going to start focussing on the numbers with weight loss. I've got a fair chunk to lose, so rather than let it overwhelm me, I'm going to do it in three phases.

Phase 1 - Get rid of the weight that should never have been put on.
Phase 2 - Work through the long term weight that I need to lose.
Phase 3 - Transition to guru status.

Phase 1 starts tomorrow - I'm going to hop on the scales and the goal of Phase 1 is to knock 20kg off from tomorrow's weight. I'd want to lose at least a kilo a week in doing that. Hopefully more. How am I going to do it:

1. Stay off the piss.
2. Exercise every day.
3. Not eat any crap.

If that doesn't work I'll look at cutting down the food, but I think to be honest that will work fine if I keep it up.

I'd like to start tomorrow by trudging off in the dark at 5 to do my 1.5 hour Cootha. If I did that every day there would nowhere to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment