Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 3: Irritation

Well, 2 days have passed.

I woke up yesterday and was in a bad mood. I snapped. I reacted disproportionately to situations.

I asked Dr Google what was going on, and he pointed out that a minor side effect to dumping the booze if you are used to having some is irritation. I sms'd my guru in getting healthy and he said, yes, my son, this will last for 10 days and then you will be over it.

So that's interesting. I don't remember that from last time I was off the turps (for 8 weeks). Perhaps I have ramped up my drinking.

On the plus side though is that I think I am sleeping better. Dr Google agrees that this can happen, and that I'm not making it up. I feel more rested.

I'm also feeling a little better generally, although this may be mental given it has only been 2 days. I don't care if it is.

I haven't hit the exercise yet. I'm due to this afternoon so will do that. I want to really hit it next week. Baby steps and all that.

I'm generally feeling positive about things. As though I'm more in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment