Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 13 Part 2: Why I'm doing this

I thought I would make a second post today, as I normally post early, before any exercise. By the time I post the next day the exhilaration has faded.

I did drag myself around the hill just then. The most important thing is putting on your shoes and getting out the door. You never regret it (whereas you almost always regret binge drinking). Today the sun is shining, there is a slightly crisp breeze, and walking around the Australian bush for an hour and a half was a complete pleasure. A joy. My fitness is improving. I'm walking for longer without stopping. I'm breaking into runs. I'm enjoying it more.

What a fantastic start to the day. Life affirming really, exercising in the bush.

Ain't that the truth!

Anyway, in my sliding doors alternative universe I would be awake but hung over, either eating the left overs of a pizza I bought drunkenly the night before, or driving off to the bakery to eat some sort of fatty breakfast.

I would mope for the day, without any exercise, and probably eat more crap for tea.

That's why I'm doing this. I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment