Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 2: The reaction

Well one day in.

How did the first day go? Well, I told people about it. My decision was greeted by support by some, disbelief or dismay by others. Some tried to talk me out of it - "but we've got the dinner this Friday!!". I don't think they understand I have a dinner every bloody Friday, which is the point. Like someone resigning, it is never a good time, or it is always a good time, depending on your perspective.

I definitely drank more water last night, instead of wine. Of course I felt like a drink when I was preparing dinner, but no dramas in not having one. I sort of feel as though my face is less puffy today, because I had noticed it going that way. I've just googled puffy face and alcohol and it seems there is a link, which is disturbing. Will see what happens here.

Anyway this is only going to fly if I exercise daily as well. I didn't yesterday because it was late and I wanted to shop for real food which I did (beef noodle stir fry with shitloads of veges). So I want to exercise after work today as I didn't do it this morning.

So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey mate.

    So, you've made the big decision hey? Well for a year anyway! Good on you mate that's what I say.

    Unfortunately I've been hitting it fairly hard again. To be honest, I'm pretty over it. I was going so well for so long then went into self destruct mode.

    I haven't lost hope though. Like you, I honestly would love to get fit and lose some weight.

    I was considering having a big break myself. Only had 2 beers last night, so tonight may be the night to pass!

    Once again mate, I wish you all the best with your quest. As enjoyable as drinking is, I honestly believe that life is far greater without it.

    Cheers.

    Brett.

    ReplyDelete