Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 53: Reality check

Well, time to reassess a little. After my 10kg extravaganza, I didn't have a particularly good food day yesterday - too much, and some crap for both lunch and dinner. Nice and healthy mate!

I'd got it in my idiot brain that I was invincible due to my daily walk.

Well, I'm taking this morning off after 4 days (I won't beat myself up over that - listen to your body and all that), so I hopped on the scales looking for a miracle couple of extra kilos to have fallen off; how about 2.5 even, isn't that how it works?

I'm back UNDER 10 again. 9.5.

So what does this mean?

Well, don't weigh yourself every day you dickhead, for starters. If you do that, you obsess over daily numbers for starters, which are meaningless, and focus less on the process and habits, which are everything.

So that's it: scales are banned other than on Sunday mornings (weigh day).

What else does it mean?

Well I'm not invincible, this is a slow, tough gig that requires constant vigilance. In particular, my walking is not a free pass to hot chips, or crap sushi. Hot chips and deep fried "sushi" leads to numbers going in the wrong direction, not the right one.

So what's the plan? Goal is still 6 walks in 7. I'm on track for this - I just need to walk Friday and Saturday. It will be interesting next week though, as I get distressed after 3 days around the hill. Both times, I have eaten crap after the 3 days, as though my body is freaking out (in this case I walked 4 and ate crap on the 4th day).

Perhaps in time as my fitness improves I can extend this. I think that will be what happens.

And anyway, one week at a time. So, I need to walk Friday and Sat around the hill (preferably the big walk on Sat). And I don't want to eat out at all during that time.

That's it big boy, make lunch and dinner for each of the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment