Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 56: 8 weeks 9.5kg total .5kg for week

Well, it was disappointing that I only knocked off half a kilo this week. I haven't cracked the 10 after all. I jumped the gun on that one.

It was all the crap food - and in particular the volume of food I've had in the last day or so - that did me in. I'm pretty sure if I'd eaten normally in the past day or so I would have cracked it.

But the scales are what they are.

I should reflect on the fact that it has been 8 weeks. I've now equalled my 2007 effort off the piss - 8kg in 8 weeks - when I was training for a hike.

It was a beer tasting that broke me then, and a pub.

So if I'm pleased about that. It means I've been off the piss for the longest time since 2000, when I was off the piss for 13 weeks and lost 13 kg (anyone sensing a pattern?).

Anyway, where was I with the weight? Ah, I think the rational conclusion has to be that I'm not superman, I do not have a free food pass, and if I can lose a strong, real, kilo a week on average on an ongoing basis then I'm actually doing pretty fucking well. And that's the goal.

That means I would like to lose 11 in 10 weeks, and then 20kg in 20 weeks. 20kg is not to be sneezed at. That's a worthy goal, and a fine reward for giving up the world's most social drink.

This week then, I think the main focus, again, will be on the 6 walks out of 7. And for week 10 as well. Hopefully this will establish it as a habit.

At the same time, clearly I have to improve the quality of my food. If I am distressed I can eat more healthy food, but I have to avoid the fried crap for starters if I am fair dinkum about knocking off the kilos. You don't lose weight eating buckets of hot chips. No one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment