Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 55: Almost 6 out of 7.......

Well, if I shuffle off into the light today (Saturday) then I will have walked the hill 6 days of 7.

Gotta do that!

Had big end of year function last night. What tacky events those things are. 100 people getting pissed, thinking they are the shit in some cases. But really just being pissed. Drunkenly laughing, guys swaying closer and closer to their ladies of choice - or in many cases, any ladies - in the hope that their drunken antics and jokes will win their affections.

Of course, in some cases they do, and then I guess it is all worth while.

Meanwhile, I was not a saint. Off the piss, to be sure, but I guess if you have a stupid function like this you end up eating the crap food that did the rounds. And crap it was. Appalling. But I ate it anyway. I guess I was hungry.

One pommy came to talk to me about beer. He wanted to know my views on a number of issues. We spoke about 10 beers, and I was a little thirsty by the end of it. But I just ended up driving home.

I've decided being pissed at a work function is really not a good look. At least it isn't a good look when you are sober.

I ate so much I'm not confident I will have cracked the 10 tomorrow. Maybe I've really got to man up and end up doing the longer walk today to ensure just that. I do need to get another mindset on the food. I really should stick to food I have prepared most of the time. It just ends in tears otherwise. I need to be able to plan ahead, or have quick meals.

Anyway, I'm going to wait until the day heats up a bit before going off. No need to do an early trudge on a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment