Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 79: 11 weeks

Bit of a risk me being off the exercise like this. But then, perhaps a rest is what I need after trying so hard for the period I did.

Good news is I haven't slipped back on the turps. At the function on Friday night I certainly felt like it. I could have picked up the waiter's drinks tray and drunk every drink on it. That feeling only lasted about 15 minutes and then I was fine.

I haven't had a drink for 11 weeks. That is pretty good. 79 days is a long time between drinks, for a drinking man. I must say the thought of a hangover is foreign to me now. And I'm pretty good at not wanting to have a drink when I'm at lunch or whatnot.

You can change your habits it seems.

My food was really going off last week. I made an effort to cook up a storm on Sunday - lovely soup and meat and vegetable stew. I pretty much did not eat any crap yesterday.

Tomorrow I guess will be 80 days. And so one's life passes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey mate.

    You are doing a great job.

    I look forward to congratulating you on 100 days.

    Hope the calf comes good soon.

    Cheers

    Brett.

    ReplyDelete