Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 59: Day off

I'm having today off. Had a horror day yesterday. Awake from 3.30, calf blow out at 6.30, tired, exhausted, a bit low about it all. Even had to go to a fancy restaurant (2nd work lunch in as many days) to entertain a client and watch them enjoy a glass of their finest.

Well to be honest the grog part didn't bother me.

I was just fucking exhausted and have a dodgy calf. Today is part calf recovery day and part mental health day.

I'm in my 9th week off the sauce this week. It would be interesting to do a graph to track motivation. I've had a long held theory that people can keep things up for about 3 months and then lose it. That's what happened to me in 2000 with grog.

I think it can be different this time. Grog isn't as important to me as it was when I was 25/26. Plus the need to focus on health is greater. Sure I will have my ups and downs (and some of this will be my body freaking out or getting tired) but I think if I just keep things up, even if it isn't every day around the hill, then I will continue to move in the right direction.

I can also make a much greater effort to improve my food. No crap chocolate cake at work functions for starters. Only healthy, fresh food for me please. Any crap I have to make myself, from scratch, how about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment