Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 70: 10 weeks, 13kg loss (2kg in last week)

I was worried this morning that I wouldn't be down, as I was a bit of pig at dinner.

I should not have worried, as I am down even more today than I was yesterday. 2kg in the week.

I think being off the piss suits me.

I think at 10 weeks it is time for a recap. 10 weeks ago, to the day, I was hungover, felt like shit, didn't want to engage with my family, who were gathered pretty much at a reunion of sorts in a beautiful bush setting. I didn't want to move. I just wanted to get home. I looked like shit.

Now, 10 weeks after stopping drinking and embarking on a health kick I am 13kg down, my skin looks 1000% better (according to my sister who looks at such things), my eyes look brighter, I look younger, I am much fitter, I am much happier, I don't fight with my partner as much (very little compared to before), I'm sleeping better, I have heaps more time, I'm in a great exercise routine, I'm eating better, I feel positive about the future.

Did I mention I was 13kg down?

So I guess it is worth repeating 'how have I done it' for all the fat pricks out there confused as to why they are fat (I'm still a fat prick, I'm just not confused):

1. cut out the piss - essential as far as I am concerned;
2. get into an exercise routine that your body cannot ignore, at least 5 times a week - I'm walking for 1 hour 45 minutes up and down a mountain most days - I think an alternative would be to walk before and after work;
3. eat real food - Pollard/Alice Waters style - I cook a lot;
4. do not eat junk food or low quality food;
5. do not eat low fat food or low carb food or low anything food.
6. do not eat sugar with your tea/coffee.
7 do not count calories.
8. eat more vegetables.
9. eat more olive oil.
10. eat oats
11. i'm still eating a lot of bread and pasta.
12. i'm not restricting myself on the quantity of real food, so it is sustainable.
13. build up 1 thing at a time, over time
14. keep a journal/blog.
15. establish a routine.
16. weight yourself after the routine is established and you are not distressed (and once at the beginning) but not while you are establishing the routine - may take a couple of months
17. keep it up
18. get back on the horse if you fall off.

So where to for the future. Well, obviously I want to reach 15kg, and then 20. But the real number I want to reach is 25 (for stage one). So that is 12kg away. But first up 15 and then we will take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment