Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 66: Rest day

I'm having a day off today. 4 days on, 1 day off doesn't sound too crazy in Cootha land for sustainability.

Was reading someone else's blog and she commented on how boring it was to not drink (she is over 100 days ahead of me in her year off). I agreed, but for me I guess I've got to think of it as collateral damage. If I was otherwise fit, lean and healthy, then it would be much harder to justify.

But I'm on my once a decade or more health kick and I need to keep going for health's sake. Now's the time. It's harder and too late in your 40s or god forbid 50s. I need to get my shit sorted.

So far so good with the food. I haven't had any crap. A girl at work made me a beer cake, of all things, but she made it with good will and I don't count home made food, traditionally made, as crap. I also ate out but it was vietnamese Pho and I don't count that as crap either.

A cup of chips is crap. A sausage roll is crap.

So that's all good. If I exercise thur, fri and sat then it will be interesting to see if I get anywhere for my big week 10 weigh in. I'll be pleased if my 11kg is confirmed (well, I wouldn't mind a little more.......).

No comments:

Post a Comment