Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 129: Drinks function

We had the drinks function last night. It just occurred to me that I did not for a second think about having a drink, or feel I was missing out by not having a drink. Not for a second!

Instead I watched people have fun, and then slowly but surely descend into the abyss of slurring words and obnoxious behaviour. I had to skip from group to group, escaping drunken fools the way a pretty girl escapes from predators. Eventually I had nowhere to go - the stayers were all pissed and offensive. It was no place for a sober person.

Luckily I was able to drive home, and even give a young lady a lift.

It does sadden me a bit to think that I have been one of the drunken 'stayers' on many occasions. How many people did I offend with my raucous behaviour? Many, I suspect.

Even though I was late to bed I made the effort to get up from my deep sleep at 4.50, and join my mother around the mountain, and up and down the stairs, for over 2 hours again this morning. That is a bloody good effort, no matter who you are.

I've walked Sat, Mon, Tue, Wed and now Thur, with 4 of those efforts being around 'the hill'.

Had I gotten on the sauce last night there is no way I would have exercised today. None at all. And I would have had crap during the day for the hangover.

Instead I am one step closer to my 15kg goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment