Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 141: 14.6kg in 20 weeks (.8 GAIN)

Well, my weight went up this week. Nobody ever wants that. I fell off the rails a bit at the end of last week. I didn't drink, but I was a bit sleep deprived and was stressed at work. I really felt strange on the Saturday - perhaps overtired, or something, and so have had 3 days off from exercise and may have today off as well.

It isn't fucking easy losing weight, and if you trip up at all it all goes right back on.

20 weeks off the piss though. That is something. I'm starting to get the sober man's perspective of grog, watching people get on it, and deteriorate, like on Friday night.

Whether or not what I am doing is right is something I question sometimes, but if my head is working I am clearly in a better position. And as for the weight gain, well, I guess if you do anything for the long haul you need to expect a few setbacks. So long as the trend is in one direction rather than the other you are doing ok.

So this week I'm looking for a walk after work, then back into the hill with my mother tomorrow. I would also like to keep the food good, with no slip ups.

1 comment:

  1. Everything OK there mate?

    Haven't heard from you for a while.

    Cheers

    Brett.

    ReplyDelete