Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 134: Rest day

I'm having today off from Cootha, as I did the two big walks on the weekend, and if there is any day it is smart to have a day of rest in relation to it is today. I would still like to walk for an hour after work to keep things ticking along.

I'm keen to keep up the good behaviour this week. I feel like my body is in a weight loss patch and if I just keep the fires stoked it will reward with the weight falling off, and me catapulting towards the 20kg. 15kg be damned.

I think the veges are important - good for calories, but more importantly I think make you feel better and help fill you up and stop you from eating other food.

I had a red beetroot salad yesterday, from beets I baked myself. Man, those things should come with some sort of a warning. I also ate red cabbage with my chicken for dinner. I've got some time now I think I'll use to bake an eggplant to take to work today.

I'm excited about the weight loss. You can go through periods that are flat or slow or backwards, and so when you find yourself - through hard work generally - in a position where the numbers are moving in the right direction, and you know that if you just keep it up then in 10 or 20 or 30 weeks or whatever you will look as you want to look, then that is a good feeling.

UPDATE: I went for my walk after work (1 hour+), and cooked a cauliflower soup and fried pork for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment