Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 42: Rest day

Well, ironically enough after yesterday's post I'm going to have today off from walking around the hill. I think I'll go for a walk on the flat somewhere, or even skip it altogether.

Today will be a rest day.

You have to listen to yourself. Going up those hills is a bit like doing weights for your legs - at least when you are carrying my body, and so I think there is no way you can do that every day on an ongoing basis. You need a day off every now and then to come back stronger.

I spotted a very athletic person's training diary once and it had rest days all over the place. He had been at the AIS among other places (Australian Institute of Sport) and I think that smart people have them.

I think part of the reason my food started going a bit haywire was that I was a bit distressed from all the exercise.

Anyway, been a corker week really. I'll have a day off and then have another corker week.

I want to make another vegetable soup today. And perhaps have fish for dinner of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment