Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 49: 7 weeks (9kg)

Well, 7 weeks ago I was hungover at my brother's house, not speaking all that much, certainly not wanting to exercise. Instead I wanted to get home after having a beer or two (or 10) at the bonfire party the prior night.

Since then I have:
1) not had a drink;
2) tried to ramp up the exercise around Mt Cootha;
3) tried to improve the food but haven't ever gone hungry and still have a long way to go in improving food quality and perhaps volume.

I just weighed myself. Even though I feel heavy from having eaten too much these last few days, I'm still 9kg down from where I was 7 weeks ago.

I'm pretty fucking pleased about that. The insurmountable doesn't appear so depressing when you make progress like that. I just need to keep this fucking thing up, and continue to improve on it. I've got the fitness. I know good food from bad. I seem to have made the grog choice.

I just need to keep doing it. And keep getting better.

Well, what's my goal. I think it is just to continue to lose 1kg a week. I think that is all you can ask really. Any more is a bonus, and the time goes quickly enough. You moan that it will take too long at that rate to undo what has been done, but as I said, the time goes quickly enough. Before I know it 3 more months will have passed, and if I keep this up I'll be over 20kg down.

I guess that's what I really want to do next: knock the last kilo off this week, and then focus on the next chunk. I'll think about that chunk after I've lost the last kilo of the first 10. I think 10kg is a good goal and metric to focus on.

Go me. I've just had 2 days off the hill and haven't been eating well. I want to make up for that with a "big" hill walk. It takes almost 4 hours. I think I've mentioned it a few times in this blog, but I don't think I've ever done it during the time the blog has been going. Perhaps once.

Well I've got a kilo to knock off this week. So I'd better get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment