Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 28: Four weeks

Four weeks alcohol free, although I had a dream about having a little last night and being in a panic. Must be on my mind for some reason.....

I'm keen for results now. I'm about to go on the big Cootha walk again, which will mean I have done it 4 times this week, which is great. That will be about 9 hours around hills in 7 days.

I'm a little worried I'm getting sick. That always happens doesn't it, just when you think you are reaching your stride. Still, I'm not sure of that yet.

But back to results. Like most people on a health drive, I want it now, I want it now, I want it now. Of course, it doesn't work like that. Just because Fat Albert lays of the paddle pops for a few weeks doesn't mean that he looks like the skinny guy.

No, Fat Albert has to exercise his arse off for years for that.

One clear area I can improve is the food. I just need to make my own lunch more. It is food from other people (including take away shops....) rather than food from me, which is doing me damage I think.

I can taste it when I've eaten 'bad fats' the day before. I wake up feeling a bit disgusting. That's how I felt this morning after going to an 80th birthday yesterday and dinner at night.

Christ, they were on the piss at the 80th let me tell you. Shabby food. But buckloads of piss.

Even the dog was named after a brand of rum, which the adults were drinking out of pint glasses by the way. And the kids were all drinking their flavourless, Carona clone crappy beers with a durry out of the side of their mouths.

Pretty disgusting all round.

What does it say about me that I got on better with the 79 year old bloke than I did with the 19 year old?

Anyway, this week:

1. real food, preferably prepared by me;
2. ramp cootha up from 4 to 5 times in the week.

I'd like to see Cootha get to 6 in the next 2 weeks. You can't fuck with that, as I've said. Progress is guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment